SGS is pleased to announce the scope of its Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) approval has expanded to include 63 new standards covering a wide range of household appliances, renewable energy equipment, power tools and lighting.
Significantly, SGS becomes the first and only Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) qualified to test against 14 safety standards which are new to OSHA.
Approval recognizes 20 of SGS’s global laboratories equipped to test and certify to OSHA’s standard, including Suwanee, GA, two labs in the UK, one in Germany, two in Finland and four laboratories in China. All have the capability to perform independent safety testing and certification of the products specified within its scope of recognition.
David Chu, SGS EVP for Electrical & Electronic Products said: “I am excited to announce that SGS’s NRTL program has just expanded, adding 63 new standards to our scope. SGS is committed to providing clients with the best service possible in all of our 20 OSHA approved locations.”
Currently, SGS is the only NRTL qualified to test to the following standards:
- UL 6141 – Standard for Wind Turbines Permitting Entry of Personnel
- UL 61010-2-020 – Standard for Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use – Part 2-020: Particular Requirements for Laboratory Centrifuges
- UL 1004-9 – Standard for Form Wound and Medium Voltage Rotating Electrical Machines
- UL 3703 – Standard for Solar Trackers
- UL 9540 – Standard for Energy Storage Systems and Equipment
SGS is also the only NRTL qualified to test against various safety standards for electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery. These include:
- UL 62841-1 – Part 1: General Requirements
- UL 62841-2-2 – Part 2-2: Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Screwdrivers and Impact Wrenches
- UL 62841-2-4 – Part 2-4: Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Sanders and Polishers Other Than Disc Type
- UL 62841-2-5 – Part 2-5: Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Circular Saws
- UL 62841-2-9 – Part 2-9: Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Tappers and Threaders
- UL 62841-2-14 – Part 2-14: Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Planers
- UL 62841-3-1 – Part 3-1: Particular Requirements for Transportable Table Saws
- UL 62841-3-9 – Part 3-9: Particular Requirements for Transportable Miter Saws
- UL 62841-3-10 – Part 3-10: Particular Requirements for Transportable Cut-Off Machines
These 14 standards are part of a larger expansion in OSHA-approved capabilities at SGS’s state-of-the-art testing facilities world-wide. Recognition by OSHA of SGS’s status as an NRTL demonstrates the company’s adherence to the requirements defined under 29 CFR 1910.7.
This is the latest expansion in the scope of OSHA-approved capabilities at SGS’s testing facilities. The NRTL approved laboratories offer a full suite of services and cover a wide range of products including audio-visual, IT, wireless, medical, household, lighting, and other consumer and industrial electrical equipment.
For more information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager, Electrical and Electronics
SGS North America
SGS is the world’s leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the
global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees,
SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.